Subject: Re: [RFC 00/17] DRM: fix struct sg_table nents vs. orig_nents misuse

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:02:57 +0200

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Marek Szyprowski wrote:
> 1. introduce a dma_{map,sync,unmap}_sgtable() wrappers, which will use
>    a proper sg_table entries and call respective DMA-mapping functions
>    and adapt current code to it

That sounds reasonable to me.  Those could be pretty trivial wrappers.

>
> 
> 2. rename nents and orig_nents to nr_pages, nr_dmas to clearly state
>    which one refers to which part of the scatterlist; I'm open for
>    other names for those entries

nr_cpu_ents and nr_dma_ents might be better names, but it still would be
a whole lot of churn for little gain.  I think just good wrappers like
suggested above might be more helpful.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel