Subject: [PATCH 0/2] arm64: Finish up assembler annotation modernisation

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:43:29 +0100

This series finishes up the conversion of arm64 to use modern assembler
annotations.  The second patch selects a symbol added by
2ce0d7f9766f0e49b (x86/asm: Provide a Kconfig symbol for disabling old
assembly annotations) in -next to ensure that we don't regress and start
using old annotations again.

This will be needed for BTI kernel support so it'd be good if they could
end up on that branch, either through merging a topic branch or
otherwise.  The patches are generated against a merge of v5.7-rc3 and
for-next/bti in the arm64 tree.

Mark Brown (2):
  arm64: kernel: Convert to modern annotations for assembly functions
  arm64: Disable old style assembly annotations

 arch/arm64/Kconfig                            |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu-reset.S                 |  4 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/efi-rt-wrapper.S            |  4 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-fpsimd.S              | 20 ++++-----
 arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S                     |  7 +--
 arch/arm64/kernel/hibernate-asm.S             | 16 +++----
 arch/arm64/kernel/hyp-stub.S                  | 20 ++++-----
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/kprobes_trampoline.S |  4 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/reloc_test_syms.S           | 44 +++++++++----------
 arch/arm64/kernel/relocate_kernel.S           |  4 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/sleep.S                     | 12 ++---
 arch/arm64/kernel/smccc-call.S                |  8 ++--
 12 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel