Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4] arm64: cpufeature: Extract meta-capability scope from list

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 16:00:01 +0100

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:01:51AM +0530, Amit Daniel Kachhap wrote:
> This fixes the earlier commit 3ff047f6971d3c ("arm64: cpufeature: Fix
> meta-capability cpufeature check"). This patch was added to fix the
> dependency of individual meta-cpucaps checks on the array entry order. This
> dependency was specifically added for cpufeature of system scope.
> 
> However this dependency can occur for cpufeature of boot scope such as
> ARM64_HAS_ADDRESS_AUTH so this patch renames the helper function
> __system_matches_cap to __cpufeature_matches_cap and invokes the match
> handler with the scope fetched from the cpufeatures array list.
> 
> Fixes: 3ff047f6971d3c ("arm64: cpufeature: Fix meta-capability cpufeature check")
> Signed-off-by: Amit Daniel Kachhap <[email-masked]>

Does this patch need to be merged in 5.7? The fixed commit went in
5.7-rc1 but it doesn't look to me like we'd have a problem without this
fix. Basically we read the sanitised regs with SYSTEM_SCOPE rather than
the current CPU regs. These are already populated correctly to the
register values of the boot CPU.

Otherwise I'm fine with the patch, just disputing the Fixes tag.

-- 
Catalin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel