Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Clean up Shadow Call Stack patches for 5.8

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 18:27:50 +0100

Hi all,

Here's a series of cleanups I hacked together on top of a modified v13
of the Shadow Call Stack patches from Sami:

  https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200515172355.GD23334@willie-the-truck

The main changes are:

  * Move code out of arch/arm64 and into the core implementation
  * Store the full SCS stack pointer instead of the offset
  * Code simplification and general style things

I'd like to queue this on top early next week so that it can spend some
quality time in linux-next.

Cheers,

Will

Cc: Sami Tolvanen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jann Horn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

--->8

Will Deacon (6):
  arm64: scs: Store absolute SCS stack pointer value in thread_info
  scs: Move accounting into alloc/free functions
  arm64: scs: Use 'scs_sp' register alias for x18
  scs: Move scs_overflow_check() out of architecture code
  scs: Remove references to asm/scs.h from core code
  scs: Move DEFINE_SCS macro into core code

 arch/Kconfig                         |  4 +--
 arch/arm64/include/asm/scs.h         | 29 ++++------------
 arch/arm64/include/asm/thread_info.h |  4 +--
 arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c      |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S            | 10 +++---
 arch/arm64/kernel/head.S             |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/process.c          |  2 --
 arch/arm64/kernel/scs.c              |  6 +---
 include/linux/scs.h                  | 16 +++++----
 kernel/sched/core.c                  |  3 ++
 kernel/scs.c                         | 52 +++++++++++++---------------
 11 files changed, 55 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2.761.g0e0b3e54be-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel