Subject: [PATCH 0/3] arm64 sigreturn unwinding fixes

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 13:18:15 +0100

Hi folks,

Here are a handful of sigreturn unwinding fixes, based on top of for-next/bti.
Note that I haven't confirmed the GDB breakage, I only spotted it by reading
the code.

Daniel, Tamas: please can you confirm that these fix your unwinding issues with
LLVM?

Given that this has always been broken and there's a risk of introducing
a new regression, I plan to queue these for 5.8 so that we can revert
bits if necessary.

Thanks,

Will

Cc: Dave Martin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tamas Zsoldos <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Daniel Kiss <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

--->8

Will Deacon (3):
  arm64: vdso: Don't prefix sigreturn trampoline with a BTI C
    instruction
  arm64: vdso: Add a comment to justify the mysterious NOP in sigreturn
  arm64: vdso: Fix CFI directives in sigreturn trampoline

 arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/sigreturn.S | 20 +++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2.761.g0e0b3e54be-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel