Subject: [PATCH 00/15] PCI: brcmstb: enable PCIe for STB chips

From: Jim Quinlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 16:33:58 -0400

This patchset expands the usefulness of the Broadcom Settop Box PCIe
controller by building upon the PCIe driver used currently by the
Raspbery Pi.  Other forms of this patchset were submitted by me years
ago and not accepted; the major sticking point was the code required
for the DMA remapping needed for the PCIe driver to work [1].

There have been many changes to the DMA and OF subsystems since that
time, making a cleaner and less intrusive patchset possible.  This
patchset implements a generalization of "dev->dma_pfn_offset", except
that instead of a single scalar offset it provides for multiple
offsets via a function which depends upon the "dma-ranges" property of
the PCIe host controller.  This is required for proper functionality
of the BrcmSTB PCIe controller and possibly some other devices.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/

Jim Quinlan (15):
  PCI: brcmstb: PCIE_BRCMSTB depends on ARCH_BRCMSTB
  ahci_brcm: fix use of BCM7216 reset controller
  dt-bindings: PCI: Add bindings for more Brcmstb chips
  PCI: brcmstb: Add compatibily of other chips
  PCI: brcmstb: Add suspend and resume pm_ops
  PCI: brcmstb: Asserting PERST is different for 7278
  PCI: brcmstb: Add control of rescal reset
  of: Include a dev param in of_dma_get_range()
  device core: Add ability to handle multiple dma offsets
  dma-direct: Invoke dma offset func if needed
  arm: dma-mapping: Invoke dma offset func if needed
  PCI: brcmstb: Set internal memory viewport sizes
  PCI: brcmstb: Accommodate MSI for older chips
  PCI: brcmstb: Set bus max burst side by chip type
  PCI: brcmstb: add compatilbe chips to match list

 .../bindings/pci/brcm,stb-pcie.yaml           |  40 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/dma-mapping.h            |  17 +-
 drivers/ata/ahci_brcm.c                       |  14 +-
 drivers/of/address.c                          |  54 ++-
 drivers/of/device.c                           |   2 +-
 drivers/of/of_private.h                       |   8 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/Kconfig                |   4 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-brcmstb.c         | 403 +++++++++++++++---
 include/linux/device.h                        |   9 +-
 include/linux/dma-direct.h                    |  16 +
 include/linux/dma-mapping.h                   |  44 ++
 kernel/dma/Kconfig                            |  12 +
 12 files changed, 542 insertions(+), 81 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel