Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 07/11] memory: tegra: Changes for v5.8-rc1

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 13:40:54 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 11:52:30PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 4:53 PM Thierry Reding <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > memory: tegra: Changes for v5.8-rc1
> >
> > Contains a few cleanup patches and an implementation to scale the EMC
> > frequency on Tegra210 systems.
> 
> I don't mind taking the memory driver patches, but it seems odd that this
> pull request has so many drivers/clk changes but does not mention that
> in the pull request, and does not Cc the clk maintainers or include Acks
> from them.
> 
> I would assume that the reason for this is that you have based
> the memory controller changes on a branch that was already
> accepted by the clk maintainers in to their tree, but when you do that
> please be more explicit so I know what is going on.

So historically there's often a lot of dependencies, either build-time
or runtime, between Tegra clock patches and other work. That's why we
ended up with this model where I collect Tegra clock patches in the
Tegra tree and it's not uncommon to end up with the clock branch being
a dependency of one of the other branches.

I did send this to Mike and Stephen about 1 1/2 weeks ago, but it does
not look like they've pulled it into the clk tree yet.

I typically highlight the dependencies in the pull request, but looks
like I forgot to do that this time around.

> Waiting for clarification before I can pull this.

Given the above, might be best to hold off on this for a bit until the
clock branch was pulled by Mike or Stephen.

Thierry
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel