Subject: Re: [PATCH] i2c: xiic: Support disabling multi-master in DT

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 13:07:32 +0200

Hi Jaako,

> The changes required to this patch at XIIC driver from suggested DT
> changes are pretty minor. Basically only checking a different
> property, reversing logic and some naming changes. I can make these
> changes already for the driver if this solution is what will be
> chosen, or would you prefer to still think about this?

I think we can go forward this way. Although I didn't find an example, I
am quite sure YAML format can have exclusive properties. If not, it
should be added ;) I'll try again to get some information from people
more experienced with YAML. But we don't depend on it.

> Regarding the device tree changes: I am not very familiar with the
> needed documentation changes, YAML bindings or what needs to be done
> for new bindings in general. Would you prefer to still consider them
> and/or get these subsystem level bindings done by someone more
> familiar with them? Another option would be for me to try find time to
> do the suggested bindings changes anyway, but it will likely require
> some effort from me to familiarize with device tree bindings changes
> and schedule the time for it.

No need to. Luckily, the I2C main bindings file is still text, so it is
easy to modify. I will send a patch out in a few minutes, so you can
base your driver code on that. Converting to YAML is a completely
different step, not related to your patch here. (Sidenote: I am looking
for volunteers to do that)

I think this covers it?

Happy hacking,

   Wolfram

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel