Subject: [PATCH 02/24] KVM: arm64: Kill off CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 17:00:59 +0100

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>

CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST is just a proxy for CONFIG_KVM, so remove it in favour
of the latter.

Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Fuad Tabba <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
---
 arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c  |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c         |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/Kconfig          |  6 ----
 arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile         | 52 ++++++++++++++++-----------------
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile     | 22 +++++++-------
 6 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 46 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c b/arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c
index 9981a0a5a87f..a27e0cd731e9 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c
+++ b/arch/arm64/kernel/asm-offsets.c
@@ -96,7 +96,7 @@ int main(void)
   DEFINE(CPU_BOOT_PTRAUTH_KEY,	offsetof(struct secondary_data, ptrauth_key));
 #endif
   BLANK();
-#ifdef CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST
+#ifdef CONFIG_KVM
   DEFINE(VCPU_CONTEXT,		offsetof(struct kvm_vcpu, arch.ctxt));
   DEFINE(VCPU_FAULT_DISR,	offsetof(struct kvm_vcpu, arch.fault.disr_el1));
   DEFINE(VCPU_WORKAROUND_FLAGS,	offsetof(struct kvm_vcpu, arch.workaround_flags));
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c b/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c
index df56d2295d16..a102321fc8a2 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c
+++ b/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c
@@ -234,7 +234,7 @@ static int detect_harden_bp_fw(void)
 		smccc_end = NULL;
 		break;
 
-#if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST)
+#if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_KVM)
 	case SMCCC_CONDUIT_SMC:
 		cb = call_smc_arch_workaround_1;
 		smccc_start = __smccc_workaround_1_smc;
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c b/arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c
index 061f60fe452f..0a3045d9f33f 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c
+++ b/arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c
@@ -430,7 +430,7 @@ static void __init hyp_mode_check(void)
 			   "CPU: CPUs started in inconsistent modes");
 	else
 		pr_info("CPU: All CPU(s) started at EL1\n");
-	if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST))
+	if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_KVM))
 		kvm_compute_layout();
 }
 
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kvm/Kconfig b/arch/arm64/kvm/Kconfig
index 449386d76441..ce724e526689 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kvm/Kconfig
+++ b/arch/arm64/kvm/Kconfig
@@ -28,7 +28,6 @@ config KVM
 	select HAVE_KVM_CPU_RELAX_INTERCEPT
 	select HAVE_KVM_ARCH_TLB_FLUSH_ALL
 	select KVM_MMIO
-	select KVM_ARM_HOST
 	select KVM_GENERIC_DIRTYLOG_READ_PROTECT
 	select SRCU
 	select KVM_VFIO
@@ -50,11 +49,6 @@ config KVM
 
 	  If unsure, say N.
 
-config KVM_ARM_HOST
-	bool
-	---help---
-	  Provides host support for ARM processors.
-
 config KVM_ARM_PMU
 	bool
 	---help---
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile b/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
index 7a3768538343..419696e615b3 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
+++ b/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
@@ -7,33 +7,33 @@ ccflags-y += -I $(srctree)/$(src)
 
 KVM=../../../virt/kvm
 
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += kvm.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += hyp/
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += kvm.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += hyp/
 
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += $(KVM)/kvm_main.o $(KVM)/coalesced_mmio.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += $(KVM)/eventfd.o $(KVM)/vfio.o $(KVM)/irqchip.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += arm.o mmu.o mmio.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += psci.o perf.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += hypercalls.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += pvtime.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += $(KVM)/kvm_main.o $(KVM)/coalesced_mmio.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += $(KVM)/eventfd.o $(KVM)/vfio.o $(KVM)/irqchip.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += arm.o mmu.o mmio.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += psci.o perf.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += hypercalls.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += pvtime.o
 
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += inject_fault.o regmap.o va_layout.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += hyp.o hyp-init.o handle_exit.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += guest.o debug.o reset.o sys_regs.o sys_regs_generic_v8.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic-sys-reg-v3.o fpsimd.o pmu.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += aarch32.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += arch_timer.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += inject_fault.o regmap.o va_layout.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += hyp.o hyp-init.o handle_exit.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += guest.o debug.o reset.o sys_regs.o sys_regs_generic_v8.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic-sys-reg-v3.o fpsimd.o pmu.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += aarch32.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += arch_timer.o
 kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_PMU)  += pmu-emul.o
 
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-init.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-irqfd.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-v2.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-v3.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-v4.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-mmio.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-mmio-v2.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-mmio-v3.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-kvm-device.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-its.o
-kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic/vgic-debug.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-init.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-irqfd.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-v2.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-v3.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-v4.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-mmio.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-mmio-v2.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-mmio-v3.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-kvm-device.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-its.o
+kvm-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic/vgic-debug.o
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile b/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile
index dc18274a6826..8229e47ba870 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile
+++ b/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile
@@ -6,17 +6,17 @@
 ccflags-y += -fno-stack-protector -DDISABLE_BRANCH_PROFILING \
 		$(DISABLE_STACKLEAK_PLUGIN)
 
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic-v3-sr.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += timer-sr.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += aarch32.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += vgic-v2-cpuif-proxy.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += sysreg-sr.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += debug-sr.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += entry.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += switch.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += fpsimd.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += tlb.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST) += hyp-entry.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic-v3-sr.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += timer-sr.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += aarch32.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += vgic-v2-cpuif-proxy.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += sysreg-sr.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += debug-sr.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += entry.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += switch.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += fpsimd.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += tlb.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += hyp-entry.o
 
 # KVM code is run at a different exception code with a different map, so
 # compiler instrumentation that inserts callbacks or checks into the code may
-- 
2.26.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel