Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/4] KEYS: trusted: Add generic trusted keys framework

From: Jarkko Sakkinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:14:07 +0300

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 02:41:55PM +0530, Sumit Garg wrote:
> > This, I think is wrong. You should have a compile time flag for TPM e.g.
> > CONFIG_TRUSTED_TPM, not this dynamic mess.
> >
> 
> The whole idea to have it dynamic was to have a common trusted keys
> module which could support both TPM and TEE implementation depending
> on hardware. I guess it may be useful in scenarios where a particular
> hardware supports a TPM chip while other doesn't but both need to run
> a common kernel image.

For now it should only scale to what is needed. No problems refining
it later when there is something to enable.

/Jarkko

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel