Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Improvements of the stackleak gcc plugin

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 12:15:02 -0700

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 04:49:52PM +0300, Alexander Popov wrote:
> In this patch series I collected various improvements of the stackleak
> gcc plugin.

Thanks!

> Alexander Popov (5):
>   gcc-plugins/stackleak: Exclude alloca() from the instrumentation logic
>   gcc-plugins/stackleak: Use asm instrumentation to avoid useless
>     register saving

These look like they might need tweaks (noted in their separate
replies).

>   gcc-plugins/stackleak: Add 'verbose' plugin parameter
>   gcc-plugins/stackleak: Don't instrument itself

If you wanted to reorder the series and move these first, I could take
these into my tree right away (they're logically separate from the other
fixes).

>   gcc-plugins/stackleak: Don't instrument vgettimeofday.c in arm64 VDSO

This seems good -- though I'm curious about 32-bit ARM and the other
HAVE_GCC_PLUGINS architectures with vDSOs (which appears to be all of
them except um).

-- 
Kees Cook

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel