Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] Initial MStar/Sigmastar ARMv7 SoC support

From: Daniel Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:03:58 +0900

This patch set adds initial support for MStar/Sigmastar's
ARMv7 based SoCs. There is just enough here to get to a shell
with an initramfs but support for a lot of the hardware is
in progress and will follow.

MStar also shipped chips with MIPS cores and ARM9 etc which
are incompatible so I've tried to make the distinction in the
code that this is strictly for the ARMv7 based chips.

Differences from v1:

1. v1 only really supported two specific chips that were known
at the time of submitting that patch series. Since then it's
become apparent that there are a few families of SoCs based
on the same ARMv7 core, clk blocks, interrupt controllers etc
and this v2 attempts to make support more generic so in the future
more SoCs from this lineage can be added. Support for some other
chips is already in progress and will follow.

2. v1 only added support for the BreadBee boards that I have been
working on. v2 also adds support for a readily available car dash
camera.

3. Support for the BreadBee board has been split into two top level
dts to cleanly support if either the msc313 or msc313e is mounted on
the board. The chips are pin compatible but some of the internal
hardware is different. The u-boot port for these SoCs can detect
which chip it is running on and select the right dts so the user
doesn't have to care which chip is mounted on their board.

Daniel Palmer (5):
  dt-bindings: arm: Initial MStar vendor prefixes and compatible strings
  ARM: mstar: Add machine for MStar/Sigmastar infinity/mercury family
    ARMv7 SoCs
  ARM: mstar: Add infinity/mercury series dtsi
  ARM: mstar: Add dts for msc313(e) based BreadBee boards
  ARM: mstar: Add dts for 70mai midrive d08

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/mstar.yaml        | 30 ++++++++
 .../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.yaml  |  6 ++
 MAINTAINERS                                   | 10 +++
 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |  2 +
 arch/arm/Makefile                             |  1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                    |  4 ++
 .../dts/infinity-msc313-breadbee_crust.dts    | 25 +++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity-msc313.dtsi        | 14 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity.dtsi               | 10 +++
 .../boot/dts/infinity3-msc313e-breadbee.dts   | 25 +++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity3-msc313e.dtsi      | 14 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity3.dtsi              | 10 +++
 .../boot/dts/mercury5-ssc8336n-midrive08.dts  | 25 +++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/mercury5-ssc8336n.dtsi      | 14 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/mercury5.dtsi               | 10 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/mstar-v7.dtsi               | 71 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-mstar/Kconfig                   | 26 +++++++
 arch/arm/mach-mstar/Makefile                  |  1 +
 arch/arm/mach-mstar/mstarv7.c                 | 72 +++++++++++++++++++
 19 files changed, 370 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/mstar.yaml
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity-msc313-breadbee_crust.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity-msc313.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity3-msc313e-breadbee.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity3-msc313e.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/infinity3.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/mercury5-ssc8336n-midrive08.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/mercury5-ssc8336n.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/mercury5.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/mstar-v7.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-mstar/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-mstar/Makefile
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-mstar/mstarv7.c

-- 
2.27.0.rc0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel