Subject: Re: [PATCH] xen: introduce xen_vring_use_dma

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 17:23:32 -0400

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 10:34:53AM -0700, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Would you be in favor of a more flexible check along the lines of the
> one proposed in the patch that started this thread:
> 
>     if (xen_vring_use_dma())
>             return true;
> 
> 
> xen_vring_use_dma would be implemented so that it returns true when
> xen_swiotlb is required and false otherwise.

Just to stress - with a patch like this virtio can *still* use DMA API
if PLATFORM_ACCESS is set. So if DMA API is broken on some platforms
as you seem to be saying, you guys should fix it before doing something
like this..

-- 
MST

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel