Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] arm64: Fix single-step handling and syscall tracing

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 14:06:55 +0100

Hi folks,

This is version three of the patches I previous posted here:

  v1: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
  v2: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

This version includes some changes I've been hacking on in relation to
syscall entry/exit, as it seemed worth lumping all this together. I've
also reordered the series to put the fixes at the start.

Luis -- did you manage to test v2? I'd quite like to queue some of this
soon. If you don't have time, how can I run the GDB testsuite myself? I
tried doing it a _long_ time ago but I remember there being a lot of
failures and flakey tests, so it wasn't very helpful. I have arm64
hardware running Debian so it's just a question of which buttons to
press :)

Cheers,

Will

Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Cc: Luis Machado <[email-masked]>
Cc: Keno Fischer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>

--->8

Will Deacon (7):
  arm64: ptrace: Consistently use pseudo-singlestep exceptions
  arm64: ptrace: Override SPSR.SS when single-stepping is enabled
  arm64: compat: Ensure upper 32 bits of x0 are zero on syscall return
  arm64: ptrace: Add a comment describing our syscall entry/exit trap
    ABI
  arm64: syscall: Expand the comment about ptrace and syscall(-1)
  arm64: ptrace: Use NO_SYSCALL instead of -1 in syscall_trace_enter()
  arm64: Use test_tsk_thread_flag() for checking TIF_SINGLESTEP

 arch/arm64/include/asm/debug-monitors.h |  2 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/syscall.h        | 12 +++++-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/thread_info.h    |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/debug-monitors.c      | 24 +++++++++---
 arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c              | 49 +++++++++++++++++++------
 arch/arm64/kernel/signal.c              | 11 +-----
 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c             | 21 ++++++++++-
 7 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.27.0.383.g050319c2ae-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel