Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] Add IPU & DSP remoteprocs on OMAP4 and OMAP5

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 09:58:14 -0700

Hi,

* Suman Anna <[email-masked]> [200709 16:20]:
> Hi Tony,
> 
> The following series contains all the necessary DT pieces to boot the
> IPU and DSP remote processors on OMAP4 and OMAP5 SoCs. They are
> enabled specifically on the TI OMAP4 PandaBoard and OMAP5 uEVM boards.
> This is the last DT piece that now completes the support for IPUs and
> DSPs on all OMAP4+ SoCs, similar patches were merged for 5.8 covering
> the DRA7xx/AM57xx SoCs. Appreciate it if you can pick up the series for
> 5.9 if it isn't too late.

Great and good to hear things are working with only dts changes now :)
Yes let's try to get these merged.

> There is one issue that I have run into while testing this series on
> the latest kernel. I am seeing a l3_noc error for OMAP4 DSP when it
> attempts to auto-suspend or stop after it is booted. The issue is a
> L4CFG read error that happens in the sysc_disable_module() function
> in ti-sysc code.
> 
> I do not have any issues on my downstream 5.4 based SDK kernel. I have
> root-caused this to the OMAP4 voltage controller patches you added for
> 5.5 kernel through your omap-for-v5.5/pm branch, specifically the
> commit 4873843718f9 ("ARM: OMAP2+: Initialize voltage controller for omap4").
> The VOLTCTRL register value is 0x300 before that patch, and modifying
> this register either through  omap4_vc_init_pmic_signaling() or
> omap4_vc_set_pmic_signaling() will trigger this. A debug print in
> sysc_disable_module() also seems to help.

Hmm interesting, not sure how the VOLTCTRL register affects this.

I wonder the following commit in v5.8-rc3 might help with this though:

5ce8aee81be6 ("bus: ti-sysc: Flush posted write on enable and disable")

I was seeing that occasionally with mcspi, but never had anything
reproducable.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel