Subject: GPS fun on Droid 4 and leste

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:27:26 +0200

Hi!

GPS on the droid 4 does not really work out of the box.

gpsd is not in default installation, maybe it should be?

What is worse, there's something broken with gpsd. Try:

/usr/sbin/gpsd -N -D 5 /dev/gnss0
gpspipe -w
# this seems to work, but do ^C and restart
gpspipe -w
...and it hangs.

xgps from gpsd-clients is broken: probably missing dependency
on gtk3 libraries.

user@devuan-droid4:/my/tui/lib$ xgps
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/xgps", line 30, in <module>
      gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0')
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line
 129, in require_version
 raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
 ValueError: Namespace Gtk not available

Any ideas?

Best regards,
								Pavel
	    
-- 
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel