Subject: Re: [PATCH] tty: xilinx_uartps: Really fix id assignment

From: Helmut Grohne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:11:25 +0200

Hi Michal,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 01:45:21PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. I think that it will be very useful to list out
> all testcases to make sure that we test all that scenarios and finally
> get over it.
> We are testing scenarios and likely we are missing some that we are not
> able catch all issues before we submit a patch.

Let me try to enumerate those I know:

uart0    | uart1    | console | remark
---------+----------+---------+----------
serial0  | serial1  | ttyPS0  | regular case
serial0  | serial1  | ttyPS1  | normal assignment, second console
serial1  | serial0  | ttyPS0  | -> Jan Kiszka, broken since revert
disabled | serial0  | ttyPS0  | use only uart1 as serial0
serial0  | disabled | ttyPS0  | regular case with uart1 disabled

Out of these, I'm actively using configurations 3 and 4.

Which of these scenarios do you test already?

Helmut

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel