Subject: [PATCH v3 00/20] coresight: allow to build coresight as modules

From: Tingwei Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:45:16 +0800

Allow to build coresight as modules. This gives developers the feasibility to
test their code without reboot.

This series is based on below two series.

 - "coresight: allow to build components as modules"
   https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/6/5/989
 - "coresight: make drivers modular"
   https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/1/17/468

Change from v2:
Rebase to 5.8-rc5. Export coresight_add_sysfs_link and
coresight_remove_sysfs_link
Fix one cut and paste error on MODULE_DESCRIPTION of CTI

Change from v1:
Use try_module_get() to avoid module to be unloaded when device is used
in active trace session. (Mathieu P)

Change from above two series.
This series adds the support to dynamically remove module when the device in
that module is enabled and used by some trace path. It disables all trace
paths with that device and release the trace path.

Kim Phillips (7):
  coresight: use IS_ENABLED for CONFIGs that may be modules
  coresight: allow etm3x to be built as a module
  coresight: allow etm4x to be built as a module
  coresight: allow etb to be built as a module
  coresight: allow tpiu to be built as a module
  coresight: allow tmc to be built as a module
  coresight: allow funnel and replicator drivers to be built as modules

Mian Yousaf Kaukab (4):
  coresight: export global symbols
  coresight: remove multiple init calls from funnel driver
  coresight: remove multiple init calls from replicator driver
  coresight: tmc-etr: add function to register catu ops

Tingwei Zhang (9):
  coresight: cpu_debug: add module name in Kconfig
  coresight: cpu_debug: define MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE
  coresight: add coresight prefix to barrier_pkt
  Allow to build coresight-stm as a module, for ease of development.
  coresight: cti: add function to register cti associate ops
  coresight: allow cti to be built as a module
  coresight: allow catu drivers to be built as modules
  coresight: add try_get_module() in coresight_grab_device()
  coresight: allow the coresight core driver to be built as a module

 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/Kconfig           |  54 ++++++++--
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/Makefile          |  22 ++--
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-catu.c  |  37 ++++++-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-catu.h  |   2 -
 .../{coresight.c => coresight-core.c}         | 102 ++++++++++++++----
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-cpu-debug.c |   2 +
 .../{coresight-cti.c => coresight-cti-core.c} |  46 +++++++-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etb10.c |  22 +++-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm-perf.c  |   9 +-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm-perf.h  |   5 +-
 ...resight-etm3x.c => coresight-etm3x-core.c} |  27 ++++-
 ...resight-etm4x.c => coresight-etm4x-core.c} |  31 +++++-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-funnel.c    |  62 ++++++++++-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-platform.c  |   1 +
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-priv.h  |  24 ++---
 .../coresight/coresight-replicator.c          |  63 ++++++++++-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-stm.c   |  20 +++-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-sysfs.c |   2 +
 .../{coresight-tmc.c => coresight-tmc-core.c} |  19 +++-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tmc-etf.c   |   2 +-
 .../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tmc-etr.c   |  21 +++-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tmc.h   |   3 +
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tpiu.c  |  19 +++-
 include/linux/coresight.h                     |   2 +-
 24 files changed, 521 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)
 rename drivers/hwtracing/coresight/{coresight.c => coresight-core.c} (94%)
 rename drivers/hwtracing/coresight/{coresight-cti.c => coresight-cti-core.c} (96%)
 rename drivers/hwtracing/coresight/{coresight-etm3x.c => coresight-etm3x-core.c} (97%)
 rename drivers/hwtracing/coresight/{coresight-etm4x.c => coresight-etm4x-core.c} (98%)
 rename drivers/hwtracing/coresight/{coresight-tmc.c => coresight-tmc-core.c} (96%)

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel