Subject: [PATCH v10 00/13] iommu/arm-smmu: Add Adreno SMMU specific implementation

From: Jordan Crouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 09:40:34 -0600

(reworded the summary to reflect ongoing changes in the code)

This series adds an Adreno SMMU implementation to arm-smmu to allow GPU hardware
pagetable switching.

The Adreno GPU has built in capabilities to switch the TTBR0 pagetable during
runtime to allow each individual instance or application to have its own
pagetable.  In order to take advantage of the HW capabilities there are certain
requirements needed of the SMMU hardware.

This series adds support for an Adreno specific arm-smmu implementation. The new
implementation 1) ensures that the GPU domain is always assigned context bank 0,
2) enables split pagetable support (TTBR1) so that the instance specific
pagetable can be swapped while the global memory remains in place and 3) shares
the current pagetable configuration with the GPU driver to allow it to create
its own io-pgtable instances.

The series then adds the drm/msm code to enable these features. For targets that
support it allocate new pagetables using the io-pgtable configuration shared by
the arm-smmu driver and swap them in during runtime.

This version of the series merges the previous patchset(s) [1] and [2]
with the following improvements:

  - arm-smmu: add implementation hook to allocate context banks
  - arm-smmu: Match the GPU domain by stream ID instead of compatible string
  - arm-smmu: Make DOMAIN_ATTR_PGTABLE_CFG bi-directional. The leaf driver
    queries the configuration to create a pagetable and then sends the newly
    created configuration back to the smmu-driver to enable TTBR0
  - drm/msm: Add context reference counting for submissions
  - drm/msm: Use dummy functions to skip TLB operations on per-instance
    pagetables

[1] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/iommu/2020-June/045653.html
[2] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/iommu/2020-June/045659.html

Jordan Crouse (13):
  iommu/arm-smmu: Pass io-pgtable config to implementation specific
    function
  iommu/arm-smmu: Add support for split pagetables
  iommu/arm-smmu: Add implementation hooks to configure contexts
  iommu/arm-smmu-qcom: Add implementation for the adreno GPU SMMU
  iommu: Add a domain attribute to get/set a pagetable configuration
  iommu/arm-smmu-qcom: Get and set the pagetable config for split
    pagetables
  dt-bindings: arm-smmu: Add compatible string for Adreno GPU SMMU
  drm/msm: Add a context pointer to the submitqueue
  drm/msm: Set the global virtual address range from the IOMMU domain
  drm/msm: Add support to create a local pagetable
  drm/msm: Add support for private address space instances
  drm/msm/a6xx: Add support for per-instance pagetables
  arm: dts: qcom: sm845: Set the compatible string for the GPU SMMU

 .../devicetree/bindings/iommu/arm,smmu.yaml   |   4 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sdm845.dtsi          |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a5xx_gpu.c         |  12 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gpu.c         |  58 ++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gpu.h         |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/adreno_gpu.c       |  18 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/adreno_gpu.h       |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_drv.c                 |  16 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_drv.h                 |  13 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem.h                 |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem_submit.c          |   8 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem_vma.c             |   9 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gpu.c                 |  26 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gpu.h                 |  12 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gpummu.c              |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_iommu.c               | 198 +++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_mmu.h                 |  16 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.h          |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_submitqueue.c         |   8 +-
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-impl.c                 |   6 +-
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-qcom.c                 | 130 +++++++++++-
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu.c                      | 108 +++++-----
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu.h                      |  65 +++++-
 include/linux/iommu.h                         |   1 +
 24 files changed, 619 insertions(+), 99 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel