Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] iommu/arm-smmu: Implement qcom,skip-init

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 22:48:50 -0700

On Wed 22 Jul 13:11 PDT 2020, Konrad Dybcio wrote:

> >Is the problem on SDM630 that when you write to SMR/S2CR the device
> >reboots? Or that when you start writing out the context bank
> >configuration that trips the display and the device reboots?
> 
> I added some debug prints and the phone hangs after reaching the
> seventh CB (with i=6) at
> 
> arm_smmu_cb_write(smmu, i, ARM_SMMU_CB_FSR, ARM_SMMU_FSR_FAULT);
> 
> line in arm_smmu_device_reset.
> 

Sounds like things are progressing nicely for a while there, presumably
until the next time the display is being refreshed.

Would you be willing to try out the following work in progress:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/[email-masked]/

You need to adjust drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-impl.c so that
arm_smmu_impl_init() will invoke qcom_smmu_impl_init() as it spots your
apps smmu.

Regards,
Bjorn

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel