Subject: [PATCH v2 00/22] KVM: arm64: Rewrite page-table code and fault handling

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 14:27:56 +0100

Hi everyone,

This is version two of the patches rewriting KVM's page-table code on arm64
that I previously posted here:

  https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Changes since v1 include:

  * Removed opaque cookie in favour of exposing 'struct kvm_pgtable'
  * Moved code under hyp/
  * Simplified stage-1 PGD allocation/free
  * Tested (and consequently fixed) for 64k pages
  * Tested (and consequently fixed) MMU notifiers
  * Rebased onto Marc's kvm-arm64/pt-rework-base branch
  * Included updated versions of the memcache patches I posted at [1]

We've successfully got this running at EL2 as part of Android's
"Protected KVM" project, and we'll follow up with those patches once this
part has settled down. Please consider for 5.10.

Cheers,

Will

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Quentin Perret <[email-masked]>
Cc: James Morse <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suzuki Poulose <[email-masked]>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

--->8

Quentin Perret (4):
  KVM: arm64: Add support for stage-2 write-protect in generic
    page-table
  KVM: arm64: Convert write-protect operation to generic page-table API
  KVM: arm64: Add support for stage-2 cache flushing in generic
    page-table
  KVM: arm64: Convert memslot cache-flushing code to generic page-table
    API

Will Deacon (18):
  KVM: arm64: Don't free memcache pages in kvm_phys_addr_ioremap()
  KVM: arm64: Remove kvm_mmu_free_memory_caches()
  KVM: arm64: Add stand-alone page-table walker infrastructure
  KVM: arm64: Add support for creating kernel-agnostic stage-1 page
    tables
  KVM: arm64: Use generic allocator for hyp stage-1 page-tables
  KVM: arm64: Add support for creating kernel-agnostic stage-2 page
    tables
  KVM: arm64: Add support for stage-2 map()/unmap() in generic
    page-table
  KVM: arm64: Convert kvm_phys_addr_ioremap() to generic page-table API
  KVM: arm64: Convert kvm_set_spte_hva() to generic page-table API
  KVM: arm64: Convert unmap_stage2_range() to generic page-table API
  KVM: arm64: Add support for stage-2 page-aging in generic page-table
  KVM: arm64: Convert page-aging and access faults to generic page-table
    API
  KVM: arm64: Add support for relaxing stage-2 perms in generic
    page-table code
  KVM: arm64: Convert user_mem_abort() to generic page-table API
  KVM: arm64: Check the pgt instead of the pgd when modifying page-table
  KVM: arm64: Remove unused page-table code
  KVM: arm64: Remove unused 'pgd' field from 'struct kvm_s2_mmu'
  KVM: arm64: Don't constrain maximum IPA size based on host
    configuration

 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_host.h       |    2 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_mmu.h        |  221 +---
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_pgtable.h    |  279 ++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable-hwdef.h  |   23 -
 arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable-prot.h   |   19 -
 arch/arm64/include/asm/stage2_pgtable.h |  215 ----
 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c                    |    2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/Makefile             |    2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/pgtable.c            |  860 +++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c                    | 1567 +++--------------------
 arch/arm64/kvm/reset.c                  |   38 +-
 11 files changed, 1326 insertions(+), 1902 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_pgtable.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/pgtable.c

-- 
2.28.0.220.ged08abb693-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel