Subject: [PATCH v3 00/17] memblock: seasonal cleaning^w cleanup

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 18:16:17 +0300

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>

Hi,

These patches simplify several uses of memblock iterators and hide some of
the memblock implementation details from the rest of the system.

The patches are on top of v5.9-rc1

v3 changes:
* rebase on v5.9-rc1, as the result this required some non-trivial changes
  in patches 10 and 16. I didn't add Baoquan's Reviewed-by to theses
  patches, but I keept Thomas and Miguel
* Add Acked-by from Thomas and Miguel as there were changes in MIPS and
  only trivial changes in .clang-format
* Added Reviewed-by from Baoquan except for the patches 10 and 16
* Fixed misc build errors and warnings reported by kbuild bot
* Updated PowerPC KVM reservation size (patch 2), as per Daniel's comment

v2 changes:
* replace for_each_memblock() with two versions, one for memblock.memory
  and another one for memblock.reserved
* fix overzealous cleanup of powerpc fadamp: keep the traversal over the
  memblocks, but use better suited iterators
* don't remove traversal over memblock.reserved in x86 numa cleanup but
  replace for_each_memblock() with new for_each_reserved_mem_region()
* simplify ramdisk and crash kernel allocations on x86
* drop more redundant and unused code: __next_reserved_mem_region() and
  memblock_mem_size()
* add description of numa initialization fix on arm64 (thanks Jonathan)
* add Acked and Reviewed tags

Mike Rapoport (17):
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: simplify kvm_cma_reserve()
  dma-contiguous: simplify cma_early_percent_memory()
  arm, xtensa: simplify initialization of high memory pages
  arm64: numa: simplify dummy_numa_init()
  h8300, nds32, openrisc: simplify detection of memory extents
  riscv: drop unneeded node initialization
  mircoblaze: drop unneeded NUMA and sparsemem initializations
  memblock: make for_each_memblock_type() iterator private
  memblock: make memblock_debug and related functionality private
  memblock: reduce number of parameters in for_each_mem_range()
  arch, mm: replace for_each_memblock() with for_each_mem_pfn_range()
  arch, drivers: replace for_each_membock() with for_each_mem_range()
  x86/setup: simplify initrd relocation and reservation
  x86/setup: simplify reserve_crashkernel()
  memblock: remove unused memblock_mem_size()
  memblock: implement for_each_reserved_mem_region() using
    __next_mem_region()
  memblock: use separate iterators for memory and reserved regions

 .clang-format                            |  5 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/setup.c                  | 18 +++--
 arch/arm/mm/init.c                       | 59 +++------------
 arch/arm/mm/mmu.c                        | 39 ++++------
 arch/arm/mm/pmsa-v7.c                    | 23 +++---
 arch/arm/mm/pmsa-v8.c                    | 17 ++---
 arch/arm/xen/mm.c                        |  7 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec_file.c   |  6 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/setup.c                |  4 +-
 arch/arm64/mm/init.c                     | 11 +--
 arch/arm64/mm/kasan_init.c               | 10 +--
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                      | 11 +--
 arch/arm64/mm/numa.c                     | 15 ++--
 arch/c6x/kernel/setup.c                  |  9 ++-
 arch/h8300/kernel/setup.c                |  8 +-
 arch/microblaze/mm/init.c                | 21 ++----
 arch/mips/cavium-octeon/dma-octeon.c     | 12 +--
 arch/mips/kernel/setup.c                 | 31 ++++----
 arch/mips/netlogic/xlp/setup.c           |  2 +-
 arch/nds32/kernel/setup.c                |  8 +-
 arch/openrisc/kernel/setup.c             |  9 +--
 arch/openrisc/mm/init.c                  |  8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c             | 57 +++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/kexec/file_load_64.c        | 16 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c     | 12 +--
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/hash_utils.c    | 16 ++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c | 10 +--
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.c    |  8 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mem.c                    | 33 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c                   |  7 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable_32.c             |  8 +-
 arch/riscv/mm/init.c                     | 36 +++------
 arch/riscv/mm/kasan_init.c               | 10 +--
 arch/s390/kernel/setup.c                 | 27 ++++---
 arch/s390/mm/page-states.c               |  6 +-
 arch/s390/mm/vmem.c                      |  7 +-
 arch/sh/mm/init.c                        |  9 +--
 arch/sparc/mm/init_64.c                  | 12 +--
 arch/x86/kernel/setup.c                  | 56 +++++---------
 arch/x86/mm/numa.c                       |  2 +-
 arch/xtensa/mm/init.c                    | 55 +++-----------
 drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c                 | 12 +--
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3-its.c         |  2 +-
 include/linux/memblock.h                 | 88 +++++++++++++---------
 kernel/dma/contiguous.c                  | 11 +--
 mm/memblock.c                            | 95 ++++++++++--------------
 mm/page_alloc.c                          | 11 ++-
 mm/sparse.c                              | 10 +--
 48 files changed, 387 insertions(+), 562 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel