Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 13/28] kbuild: lto: merge module sections

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 15:23:37 -0700

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 01:30:38PM -0700, Sami Tolvanen wrote:
> LLD always splits sections with LTO, which increases module sizes. This
> change adds a linker script that merges the split sections in the final
> module.
> 
> Suggested-by: Nick Desaulniers <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Sami Tolvanen <[email-masked]>

We'll likely need to come back around to this for FGKASLR (to keep the
.text.* sections separated), but that's no different than the existing
concerns for FGKASLR on the main kernel.

Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>

-- 
Kees Cook

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel