Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] syscalls: remove compat_alloc_user_space callers

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:31:47 +0100

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Going through compat_alloc_user_space() to convert indirect system call
arguments tends to add complexity compared to handling the native and
compat logic in the same code.

I have patches for all other uses of compat_alloc_user_space() as well,
and would expect that we can subsequently remove the interface itself.

Changes in v2:

- address review comments from Christoph Hellwig
- split syscall removal into a separate patch
- replace __X32_COND_SYSCALL() with individual macros for x32

Arnd Bergmann (4):
  kexec: simplify compat_sys_kexec_load
  mm: simplify compat_sys_move_pages
  mm: simplify compat numa syscalls
  compat: remove some compat entry points

 arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h         |  12 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl |  12 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl |  12 +-
 arch/parisc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl   |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl  |  12 +-
 arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl     |  12 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl    |  12 +-
 arch/x86/entry/syscall_x32.c              |   2 +
 arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl    |   6 +-
 arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl    |   4 +-
 include/linux/compat.h                    |  26 ---
 include/linux/kexec.h                     |   2 -
 include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h         |  12 +-
 kernel/kexec.c                            |  90 ++++------
 kernel/sys_ni.c                           |   5 -
 mm/mempolicy.c                            | 195 +++++-----------------
 mm/migrate.c                              |  50 +++---
 17 files changed, 155 insertions(+), 319 deletions(-)

Cc: Alexander Viro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Cc: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Brian Gerst <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Biederman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Cc: "H . Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
-- 
2.27.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel