Subject: [PATCH 1/6] arm64: pgtable: Fix pte_accessible()

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:35:52 +0000

pte_accessible() is used by ptep_clear_flush() to figure out whether TLB
invalidation is necessary when unmapping pages for reclaim. Although our
implementation is correct according to the architecture, returning true
only for valid, young ptes in the absence of racing page-table
modifications, this is in fact flawed due to lazy invalidation of old
ptes in ptep_clear_flush_young() where we elide the expensive DSB
instruction for completing the TLB invalidation.

Rather than penalise the aging path, adjust pte_accessible() to return
true for any valid pte, even if the access flag is cleared.

Cc: <[email-masked]>
Fixes: 76c714be0e5e ("arm64: pgtable: implement pte_accessible()")
Reported-by: Yu Zhao <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h | 4 +---
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h b/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
index 4ff12a7adcfd..1bdf51f01e73 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
+++ b/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
@@ -115,8 +115,6 @@ extern unsigned long empty_zero_page[PAGE_SIZE / sizeof(unsigned long)];
 #define pte_valid(pte)		(!!(pte_val(pte) & PTE_VALID))
 #define pte_valid_not_user(pte) \
 	((pte_val(pte) & (PTE_VALID | PTE_USER)) == PTE_VALID)
-#define pte_valid_young(pte) \
-	((pte_val(pte) & (PTE_VALID | PTE_AF)) == (PTE_VALID | PTE_AF))
 #define pte_valid_user(pte) \
 	((pte_val(pte) & (PTE_VALID | PTE_USER)) == (PTE_VALID | PTE_USER))
 
@@ -126,7 +124,7 @@ extern unsigned long empty_zero_page[PAGE_SIZE / sizeof(unsigned long)];
  * remapped as PROT_NONE but are yet to be flushed from the TLB.
  */
 #define pte_accessible(mm, pte)	\
-	(mm_tlb_flush_pending(mm) ? pte_present(pte) : pte_valid_young(pte))
+	(mm_tlb_flush_pending(mm) ? pte_present(pte) : pte_valid(pte))
 
 /*
  * p??_access_permitted() is true for valid user mappings (subject to the
-- 
2.29.2.454.gaff20da3a2-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel