Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: dts: ls1028a: make the eMMC and SD card controllers use fixed indices

From: Shawn Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 22:29:19 +0800

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 09:25:23AM +0100, Michael Walle wrote:
> We are going cirlces here. I guess Shawn (as the soc maintainer) has to
> step in and decide if a common soc include should contain aliases for
> nodes which are disabled. That is what it boils down to.
> 
> All other arguments against having aliases in the common include can be
> found in this thread.
> 
> > Distros, bootloaders, and users' cases using fixed index before could
> > avoid issues, and been used as they were.
> 
> Nobody argue against having these alias. We are arguing against having
> them in the common soc include.

342ab37ecaf8 ("arm64: dts: freescale: use fixed index mmcN for
layerscape") is dropped from my tree.

Shawn

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel