Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Reduce scanning of runqueues in select_idle_sibling

From: Mel Gorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 15:34:57 +0000

Changelog since v1
o Drop single-pass patch						(vincent)
o Scope variables used for SIS_AVG_CPU					(dietmar)
o Remove redundant assignment						(dietmar

This reduces the amount of runqueue scanning in select_idle_sibling in
the worst case.

Patch 1 removes SIS_AVG_CPU because it's unused.

Patch 2 moves all SIS_PROP-related calculations under SIS_PROP

Patch 3 improves the hit rate of p->recent_used_cpu to reduce the amount
	of scanning. It should be relatively uncontroversial

Patch 4 returns an idle candidate if one is found while scanning for a
	free core.

-- 
2.26.2

Mel Gorman (4):
  sched/fair: Remove SIS_AVG_CPU
  sched/fair: Move avg_scan_cost calculations under SIS_PROP
  sched/fair: Do not replace recent_used_cpu with the new target
  sched/fair: Return an idle cpu if one is found after a failed search
    for an idle core

 kernel/sched/fair.c     | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 kernel/sched/features.h |  1 -
 2 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel