Subject: [PATCH v2 00/11] crypto: arm32-optimized BLAKE2b and BLAKE2s

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:21:27 -0800

This patchset adds 32-bit ARM assembly language implementations of
BLAKE2b and BLAKE2s.

The BLAKE2b implementation is NEON-accelerated, while the BLAKE2s
implementation uses scalar instructions since NEON doesn't work very
well for it.  The BLAKE2b implementation is faster and is expected to be
useful as a replacement for SHA-1 in dm-verity, while the BLAKE2s
implementation would be useful for WireGuard which uses BLAKE2s.

Both implementations are provided via the shash API, while BLAKE2s is
also provided via the library API.

While adding these, I also reworked the generic implementations of
BLAKE2b and BLAKE2s to provide helper functions that make implementing
other "shash" providers for these algorithms much easier.

See the individual commits for full details, including benchmarks.

This patchset was tested on a Raspberry Pi 2 (which uses a Cortex-A7
processor) with CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_EXTRA_TESTS=y, plus other tests.

This patchset applies to mainline commit 0c6c887835b5.

Changed since v1:
   - Added BLAKE2s implementation.
   - Adjusted the BLAKE2b helper functions to be consistent with what I
     decided to do for BLAKE2s.
   - Fixed build error in blake2b-neon-core.S in some configurations.

Eric Biggers (11):
  crypto: blake2b - rename constants for consistency with blake2s
  crypto: blake2b - define shash_alg structs using macros
  crypto: blake2b - export helpers for optimized implementations
  crypto: blake2b - update file comment
  crypto: arm/blake2b - add NEON-accelerated BLAKE2b
  crypto: blake2s - define shash_alg structs using macros
  crypto: x86/blake2s - define shash_alg structs using macros
  crypto: blake2s - remove unneeded includes
  crypto: blake2s - share the "shash" API boilerplate code
  crypto: arm/blake2s - add ARM scalar optimized BLAKE2s
  wireguard: Kconfig: select CRYPTO_BLAKE2S_ARM

 arch/arm/crypto/Kconfig             |  20 ++
 arch/arm/crypto/Makefile            |   4 +
 arch/arm/crypto/blake2b-neon-core.S | 345 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/crypto/blake2b-neon-glue.c | 105 +++++++++
 arch/arm/crypto/blake2s-core.S      | 272 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/crypto/blake2s-glue.c      |  78 +++++++
 arch/x86/crypto/blake2s-glue.c      | 150 +++---------
 crypto/Kconfig                      |   5 +
 crypto/Makefile                     |   1 +
 crypto/blake2b_generic.c            | 200 +++++++---------
 crypto/blake2s_generic.c            | 161 +++----------
 crypto/blake2s_helpers.c            |  87 +++++++
 drivers/net/Kconfig                 |   1 +
 include/crypto/blake2b.h            |  27 +++
 include/crypto/internal/blake2b.h   |  33 +++
 include/crypto/internal/blake2s.h   |  17 ++
 16 files changed, 1139 insertions(+), 367 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/crypto/blake2b-neon-core.S
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/crypto/blake2b-neon-glue.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/crypto/blake2s-core.S
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/crypto/blake2s-glue.c
 create mode 100644 crypto/blake2s_helpers.c
 create mode 100644 include/crypto/blake2b.h
 create mode 100644 include/crypto/internal/blake2b.h

base-commit: 0c6c887835b59c10602add88057c9c06f265effe
-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel