Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] ARM: LPAE: use phys_addr_t instead of unsigned long in outercache hooks

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 12:15:47 +0000

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:18:08AM +0800, Leizhen (ThunderTown) wrote:
> On 2020/12/25 19:44, Zhen Lei wrote:
> > The outercache of some Hisilicon SOCs support physical addresses wider
> > than 32-bits. The unsigned long datatype is not sufficient for mapping
> > physical addresses >= 4GB. The commit ad6b9c9d78b9 ("ARM: 6671/1: LPAE:
> > use phys_addr_t instead of unsigned long in outercache functions") has
> > already modified the outercache functions. But the parameters of the
> > outercache hooks are not changed. This patch use phys_addr_t instead of
> > unsigned long in outercache hooks: inv_range, clean_range, flush_range.
> > 
> > To ensure the outercache that does not support LPAE works properly, do
> > cast phys_addr_t to unsigned long by adding a middle-tier function.
> 
> This patch will impact the outercache drivers that have not been merged into
> the kernel. They should also update the datatype of the outercache hooks.

This isn't much of a concern to mainline. If it's that big a problem
for you, then please consider merging your code into mainline so that
everyone can benefit from it.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel