Subject: Re: Arm + KASAN + syzbot

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:55:17 +0000

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:34:33AM +0100, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> My first guess would be is that current itself if NULL. Accesses to
> current->kcov* are well tested on other arches, including using KCOV
> in interrupts, etc.

There is a window in dup_task_struct() where the new thread info has
a NULL ->task pointer, but this will never be the current thread,
and so would not affect current.

If we do have a NULL current, that would cause the kernel to explode,
since a context switch to or from such a case would dereference a NULL
pointer.

So, I think your theory is highly unlikely.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel