Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 03/18] arm64: dts: imx8mq-evk: add reserve memory node for CMA region

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 13:45:58 +0300

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 04:39:49PM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
> 
> On Wed, 2021-02-17 at 09:02 +0100, Benjamin Gaignard wrote:
> > Define allocation range for the default CMA region.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Benjamin Gaignard <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Ezequiel Garcia <[email-masked]>
> 
> Despite it seems like I signed-off this one...
> 

I've been puzzled by this as well.  :P

Signed-off-by means you either wrote the patch or you handled it in some
way.  And it is intended as a legally binding document that you didn't
sneak in any copyrighted code from SCO UNIXWARE (etc).  So like maybe
the authors snuck some in or maybe a maintainer took the patch and
sneaked some unixware code in.

Obviously if you sign the code, that counts as an Ack and Review as well
because maintainers are going to only merge stuff if they've looked it
over a bit.  But the main thing is that it means you didn't didn't
violate any copyrights.

regards,
dan carpenter

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel