Subject: Re: 5.10 LTS Kernel: 2 or 6 years?

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:22:59 +0000

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 05:19:54PM +0000, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> In-tree iwlwifi worked half-ok on early 4.9.y stable. If
> connection somehow de-autheticated (out of radio range or
> whatever) it crashed the kernel spectacularly. Eventually that was
> fixed and in-tree iwlwifi worked fine on 4.9.y and 4.14.y stable
> kernels. On second half of year 2020 (don't remember exactly when)
> iwlwifi started causing erratic behavior when some random process
> terminated, as if some exit processing left some resources
> un-freed or something weird like that.

So you bisected the stable kernel, and reported the problem so the
problem commit could be dealt with?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel