Subject: Re: 5.10 LTS Kernel: 2 or 6 years?

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:00:27 +0100

Hi!

> > > > For me
> > > > only way to get properly working WiFi on my laptop computer is to
> > > > compile that Intel out-of-tree version. Sad, but true.
> > > 
> > > Why use 4.19.y on a laptop in the firstplace?  That feels very wrong and
> > > is not the recommended thing to use the LTS kernels for.
> > 
> > Well, that's actually what distributions are doing, for example Debian
> > 10.8 is on 4.19...
> 
> There's 5.10 in buster-backports. That's probably the easiest way to get support for new HW.
>  

I can compile my own kernel, too. But if you go up the thread, it is
about iwlwifi becoming broken in 4.19, and Greg saying it is wrong
to put -stable on laptop. And -stable on laptop is norm, not the
exception.

								Pavel
-- 
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel