Subject: [PATCH v3 00/14] PCI/MSI: Getting rid of msi_controller, and other cleanups

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:11:31 +0100

This is a respin of the series described at [1].

* From v2 [2]:
  - Fixed the Xilinx driver, thanks to Bharat for testing it
  - Dropped the no_msi attribute, and solely rely on msi_domain, which
    has the same effect for the only platform that was using it.
  - Fixed compilation on architectures that do not select the generic
    MSI support

* From v1:
  - Extracted the changes dealing with the MSI capture address
    for rcar and xilinx and moved them to separate patches
  - Changed the rcar code to cope with c4e0fec2f7ee ("PCI: rcar: Always
    allocate MSI addresses in 32bit space")
  - Fixed rcar resume code
  - Reworked commit messages
  - Rebased onto v5.12-rc4
  - Collected Acks, and TBs, with thanks.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Marc Zyngier (13):
  PCI: tegra: Convert to MSI domains
  PCI: rcar: Don't allocate extra memory for the MSI capture address
  PCI: rcar: Convert to MSI domains
  PCI: xilinx: Don't allocate extra memory for the MSI capture address
  PCI: xilinx: Convert to MSI domains
  PCI: hv: Drop msi_controller structure
  PCI/MSI: Drop use of msi_controller from core code
  PCI/MSI: Kill msi_controller structure
  PCI/MSI: Kill default_teardown_msi_irqs()
  PCI/MSI: Let PCI host bridges declare their reliance on MSI domains
  PCI/MSI: Make pci_host_common_probe() declare its reliance on MSI
    domains
  PCI/MSI: Document the various ways of ending up with NO_MSI
  PCI: Refactor HT advertising of NO_MSI flag

Thomas Gleixner (1):
  PCI: mediatek: Advertise lack of built-in MSI handling

 drivers/pci/controller/Kconfig           |   4 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c |   1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-hyperv.c      |   4 -
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-tegra.c       | 343 ++++++++++++----------
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mediatek.c   |   4 +
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rcar-host.c  | 356 +++++++++++------------
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-xilinx.c     | 246 +++++++---------
 drivers/pci/msi.c                        |  45 +--
 drivers/pci/probe.c                      |   4 +-
 drivers/pci/quirks.c                     |  15 +-
 include/linux/msi.h                      |  17 +-
 include/linux/pci.h                      |   3 +-
 12 files changed, 484 insertions(+), 558 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel