Subject: [PATCH v3 11/14] PCI/MSI: Make pci_host_common_probe() declare its reliance on MSI domains

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:11:42 +0100

The generic PCI host driver relies on MSI domains for MSIs to
be provided to its end-points. Make this dependency explicit.

This cures the warnings occuring on arm/arm64 VMs when booted
with PCI virtio devices and no MSI controller (no GICv3 ITS,
for example).

It is likely that other drivers will need to express the same
dependency.

Acked-by: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c b/drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c
index 6ab694f8d283..d3924a44db02 100644
--- a/drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c
@@ -79,6 +79,7 @@ int pci_host_common_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
 
 	bridge->sysdata = cfg;
 	bridge->ops = (struct pci_ops *)&ops->pci_ops;
+	bridge->msi_domain = true;
 
 	return pci_host_probe(bridge);
 }
-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel