Subject: [PATCH v4 00/66] KVM: arm64: ARMv8.3/8.4 Nested Virtualization support

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 17:58:14 +0100

Here the bi-annual drop of the KVM/arm64 NV support code.

Not a lot has changed since [1], except for a discovery mechanism for
the EL2 support, some tidying up in the idreg emulation, dropping RMR
support, and a rebase on top of 5.13-rc1.

As usual, blame me for any bug, and nobody else.

It is still massively painful to run on the FVP, but if you have a
Neoverse V1 or N2 system that is collecting dust, I have the right
stuff to keep it busy!

	M.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Andre Przywara (1):
  KVM: arm64: nv: vgic: Allow userland to set VGIC maintenance IRQ

Christoffer Dall (15):
  KVM: arm64: nv: Introduce nested virtualization VCPU feature
  KVM: arm64: nv: Reset VCPU to EL2 registers if VCPU nested virt is set
  KVM: arm64: nv: Allow userspace to set PSR_MODE_EL2x
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add nested virt VCPU primitives for vEL2 VCPU state
  KVM: arm64: nv: Reset VMPIDR_EL2 and VPIDR_EL2 to sane values
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle trapped ERET from virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Emulate PSTATE.M for a guest hypervisor
  KVM: arm64: nv: Trap EL1 VM register accesses in virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Only toggle cache for virtual EL2 when SCTLR_EL2
    changes
  KVM: arm64: nv: Implement nested Stage-2 page table walk logic
  KVM: arm64: nv: Unmap/flush shadow stage 2 page tables
  KVM: arm64: nv: arch_timer: Support hyp timer emulation
  KVM: arm64: nv: vgic: Emulate the HW bit in software
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add nested GICv3 tracepoints
  KVM: arm64: nv: Sync nested timer state with ARMv8.4

Jintack Lim (18):
  arm64: Add ARM64_HAS_NESTED_VIRT cpufeature
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle HCR_EL2.NV system register traps
  KVM: arm64: nv: Support virtual EL2 exceptions
  KVM: arm64: nv: Inject HVC exceptions to the virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Trap SPSR_EL1, ELR_EL1 and VBAR_EL1 from virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Trap CPACR_EL1 access in virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle PSCI call via smc from the guest
  KVM: arm64: nv: Respect virtual HCR_EL2.TWX setting
  KVM: arm64: nv: Respect virtual CPTR_EL2.{TFP,FPEN} settings
  KVM: arm64: nv: Respect the virtual HCR_EL2.NV bit setting
  KVM: arm64: nv: Respect virtual HCR_EL2.TVM and TRVM settings
  KVM: arm64: nv: Respect the virtual HCR_EL2.NV1 bit setting
  KVM: arm64: nv: Emulate EL12 register accesses from the virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Configure HCR_EL2 for nested virtualization
  KVM: arm64: nv: Introduce sys_reg_desc.forward_trap
  KVM: arm64: nv: Set a handler for the system instruction traps
  KVM: arm64: nv: Trap and emulate AT instructions from virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Nested GICv3 Support

Marc Zyngier (32):
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add EL2 system registers to vcpu context
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add non-VHE-EL2->EL1 translation helpers
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle virtual EL2 registers in
    vcpu_read/write_sys_reg()
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle SPSR_EL2 specially
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle HCR_EL2.E2H specially
  KVM: arm64: nv: Save/Restore vEL2 sysregs
  KVM: arm64: nv: Forward debug traps to the nested guest
  KVM: arm64: nv: Filter out unsupported features from ID regs
  KVM: arm64: nv: Hide RAS from nested guests
  KVM: arm64: nv: Support multiple nested Stage-2 mmu structures
  KVM: arm64: nv: Handle shadow stage 2 page faults
  KVM: arm64: nv: Restrict S2 RD/WR permissions to match the guest's
  KVM: arm64: nv: Trap and emulate TLBI instructions from virtual EL2
  KVM: arm64: nv: Fold guest's HCR_EL2 configuration into the host's
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add handling of EL2-specific timer registers
  KVM: arm64: nv: Load timer before the GIC
  KVM: arm64: nv: Don't load the GICv4 context on entering a nested
    guest
  KVM: arm64: nv: Implement maintenance interrupt forwarding
  KVM: arm64: nv: Allow userspace to request KVM_ARM_VCPU_NESTED_VIRT
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add handling of ARMv8.4-TTL TLB invalidation
  KVM: arm64: nv: Invalidate TLBs based on shadow S2 TTL-like
    information
  KVM: arm64: Allow populating S2 SW bits
  KVM: arm64: nv: Tag shadow S2 entries with nested level
  KVM: arm64: nv: Add include containing the VNCR_EL2 offsets
  KVM: arm64: Map VNCR-capable registers to a separate page
  KVM: arm64: nv: Move nested vgic state into the sysreg file
  KVM: arm64: Add ARMv8.4 Enhanced Nested Virt cpufeature
  KVM: arm64: nv: Synchronize PSTATE early on exit
  KVM: arm64: nv: Allocate VNCR page when required
  KVM: arm64: nv: Enable ARMv8.4-NV support
  KVM: arm64: nv: Fast-track 'InHost' exception returns
  KVM: arm64: nv: Fast-track EL1 TLBIs for VHE guests

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |    4 +
 .../virt/kvm/devices/arm-vgic-v3.rst          |   12 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/cpucaps.h              |    2 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/esr.h                  |    6 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_arm.h              |   28 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_asm.h              |    4 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_emulate.h          |  145 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_host.h             |  174 ++-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_hyp.h              |    2 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_mmu.h              |   18 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_nested.h           |  152 +++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_pgtable.h          |   10 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h               |  105 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/vncr_mapping.h         |   73 +
 arch/arm64/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h             |    2 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpufeature.c                |   35 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile                       |    4 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/arch_timer.c                   |  189 ++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c                          |   37 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/at.c                           |  231 ++++
 arch/arm64/kvm/emulate-nested.c               |  186 +++
 arch/arm64/kvm/guest.c                        |    6 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/handle_exit.c                  |   81 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/exception.c                |   45 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/include/hyp/switch.h       |   28 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/include/hyp/sysreg-sr.h    |   28 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/switch.c              |   10 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/sysreg-sr.c           |    2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/pgtable.c                  |    6 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/vgic-v3-sr.c               |    2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/vhe/switch.c               |  207 ++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/vhe/sysreg-sr.c            |  125 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/vhe/tlb.c                  |   83 ++
 arch/arm64/kvm/inject_fault.c                 |   63 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c                          |  191 ++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/nested.c                       |  910 ++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kvm/reset.c                        |   14 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c                     | 1215 ++++++++++++++++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.h                     |    8 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/trace_arm.h                    |   65 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-init.c               |   30 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-kvm-device.c         |   22 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-nested-trace.h       |  137 ++
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-v3-nested.c          |  240 ++++
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-v3.c                 |   39 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic.c                    |   44 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic.h                    |   10 +
 include/kvm/arm_arch_timer.h                  |    7 +
 include/kvm/arm_vgic.h                        |   16 +
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                      |    1 +
 tools/arch/arm/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h         |    1 +
 51 files changed, 4893 insertions(+), 162 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_nested.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/vncr_mapping.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/at.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/emulate-nested.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/nested.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-nested-trace.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-v3-nested.c

-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel