Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] arm64: kexec_image: Implement arch_kexec_locate_mem_hole()

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 18:37:37 +0100

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 08:05:31PM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> Provide an arm64-specific implementation for arch_kexec_locate_mem_hole(),
> using the resource tree instead of memblock, and respecting
> the reservations added by EFI.
> 
> This ensures that kexec_file is finally reliable.
> 
> Reported-by: Moritz Fischer <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

It would have been clearer if __walk_iomem_res_desc() was able to do
such child res excluding callback (if asked via a new flag/arg) directly
but it's too late in the day to figure out if it's possible. It would
save us from another callback in the arch code. But if it's not possible
or you want to stick to this approach, fine by me:

Reviewed-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>

-- 
Catalin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel