Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] arm64: improve efficiency of setting tags for user pages

From: Peter Collingbourne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 18:04:11 -0700

Currently we can end up touching PROT_MTE user pages twice on fault
and once on unmap. On fault, with KASAN disabled we first clear data
and then set tags to 0, and with KASAN enabled we simultaneously
clear data and set tags to the KASAN random tag, and then set tags
again to 0. On unmap, we poison the page by setting tags, but this
is less likely to find a bug than poisoning kernel pages.

This patch series fixes these inefficiencies by only touching the pages
once on fault using the DC GZVA instruction to clear both data and
tags, and avoiding poisoning user pages on free.

Peter Collingbourne (4):
  mm: arch: remove indirection level in
    alloc_zeroed_user_highpage_movable()
  kasan: use separate (un)poison implementation for integrated init
  arm64: mte: handle tags zeroing at page allocation time
  kasan: disable freed user page poisoning with HW tags

 arch/alpha/include/asm/page.h   |  6 +--
 arch/arm64/include/asm/mte.h    |  4 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/page.h   | 10 +++--
 arch/arm64/lib/mte.S            | 20 ++++++++++
 arch/arm64/mm/fault.c           | 26 +++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/mm/proc.S            | 10 +++--
 arch/ia64/include/asm/page.h    |  6 +--
 arch/m68k/include/asm/page_no.h |  6 +--
 arch/s390/include/asm/page.h    |  6 +--
 arch/x86/include/asm/page.h     |  6 +--
 include/linux/gfp.h             | 18 +++++++--
 include/linux/highmem.h         | 43 ++++++++-------------
 include/linux/kasan.h           | 64 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
 include/linux/page-flags.h      |  9 +++++
 include/trace/events/mmflags.h  |  9 ++++-
 mm/kasan/common.c               |  4 +-
 mm/kasan/hw_tags.c              | 32 ++++++++++++++++
 mm/mempool.c                    |  6 ++-
 mm/page_alloc.c                 | 66 +++++++++++++++++++--------------
 19 files changed, 242 insertions(+), 109 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0.rc0.204.g9fa02ecfa5-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel