Subject: [PATCH] media: mexon-ge2d: fixup frames size in registers

From: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:42:15 +0200

The CLIP, SRC & DST registers are coded to take the pixel/line start & end,
starting from 0. Thus the end should be the width/height minus 1.

It can be an issue with clipping and rotation, where it will add spurious
lines from uninitialized or unwanted data with a shift in the result.

Fixes: 59a635327ca7 ("media: meson: Add M2M driver for the Amlogic GE2D Accelerator Unit")
Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/media/platform/meson/ge2d/ge2d.c | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/media/platform/meson/ge2d/ge2d.c b/drivers/media/platform/meson/ge2d/ge2d.c
index a1393fefa8ae..45b99964ea0a 100644
--- a/drivers/media/platform/meson/ge2d/ge2d.c
+++ b/drivers/media/platform/meson/ge2d/ge2d.c
@@ -215,35 +215,35 @@ static void ge2d_hw_start(struct meson_ge2d *ge2d)
 
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC1_CLIPY_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->in.crop.top) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.crop.top + ctx->in.crop.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.crop.top + ctx->in.crop.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC1_CLIPX_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->in.crop.left) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.crop.left + ctx->in.crop.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.crop.left + ctx->in.crop.width - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC2_CLIPY_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->out.crop.top) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.top + ctx->out.crop.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.top + ctx->out.crop.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC2_CLIPX_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->out.crop.left) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.left + ctx->out.crop.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.left + ctx->out.crop.width - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_DST_CLIPY_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->out.crop.top) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.top + ctx->out.crop.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.top + ctx->out.crop.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_DST_CLIPX_START_END,
 		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_START, ctx->out.crop.left) |
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.left + ctx->out.crop.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.crop.left + ctx->out.crop.width - 1));
 
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC1_Y_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.pix_fmt.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.pix_fmt.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC1_X_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.pix_fmt.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->in.pix_fmt.width - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC2_Y_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_SRC2_X_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.width - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_DST_Y_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.height));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.height - 1));
 	regmap_write(ge2d->map, GE2D_DST_X_START_END,
-		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.width));
+		     FIELD_PREP(GE2D_END, ctx->out.pix_fmt.width - 1));
 
 	/* Color, no blend, use source color */
 	reg = GE2D_ALU_DO_COLOR_OPERATION_LOGIC(LOGIC_OPERATION_COPY,
-- 
2.25.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel