Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] ASPEED sgpio driver enhancement.

From: Steven Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:18:16 +0800

AST2600 SoC has 2 SGPIO master interfaces one with 128 pins another one
with 80 pins, AST2500/AST2400 SoC has 1 SGPIO master interface that
supports up to 80 pins.
In the current driver design, the max number of sgpio pins is hardcoded
in macro MAX_NR_HW_SGPIO and the value is 80.

For supporting sgpio master interfaces of AST2600 SoC, the patch series
contains the following enhancement:
- Convert txt dt-bindings to yaml.
- Update aspeed-g6 dtsi to support the enhanced sgpio.
- Define max number of gpio pins in ast2600 platform data. Old chip
  uses the original hardcoded value.
- Support muiltiple SGPIO master interfaces.
- Support up to 128 pins.
- Support wdt reset tolerance.
- Fix irq_chip issues which causes multiple sgpio devices use the same
  irq_chip data.

Changes from v2:
* Remove maximum/minimum of ngpios from bindings.
* Remove max-ngpios from bindings and dtsi.
* Remove ast2400-sgpiom and ast2500-sgpiom compatibles from dts and
  driver.
* Add ast2600-sgpiom1 and ast2600-sgpiom2 compatibles as their max
  number of available gpio pins are different.
* Modify functions to pass aspeed_sgpio struct instead of passing
  max_ngpios.
* Split sgpio driver patch to 3 patches

Changes from v1:
* Fix yaml format issues.
* Fix issues reported by kernel test robot.

Please help to review.

Thanks,
Steven

Steven Lee (5):
  dt-bindings: aspeed-sgpio: Convert txt bindings to yaml.
  ARM: dts: aspeed-g6: Add SGPIO node.
  gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Add AST2600 sgpio support
  gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Add set_config function
  gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Move irq_chip to aspeed-sgpio struct

 .../bindings/gpio/aspeed,sgpio.yaml           |  78 ++++++++
 .../devicetree/bindings/gpio/sgpio-aspeed.txt |  46 -----
 arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6.dtsi              |  30 +++
 drivers/gpio/gpio-aspeed-sgpio.c              | 182 +++++++++++++-----
 4 files changed, 243 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/aspeed,sgpio.yaml
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/sgpio-aspeed.txt

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel