Subject: [PATCH 0/4] kvm/arm64: Initial pKVM user ABI

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 19:33:43 +0100

Hi folks,

These patches implement support for userspace to request a "Protected VM"
using KVM on arm64 when configured in Protected Mode (see the existing
kvm-arm.mode=protected command-line option).

The final patch documents the new ABI and its behaviour, so I won't
reproduce that here. Please go and have a look there instead!

Note that this series _doesn't_ implement the actual isolation of guest
memory; it's more about setting the groundwork for subsequent patches
and getting feedback on the user-facing side of things. The final patch
is marked RFC accordingly.

Cheers,

Will

Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Cc: James Morse <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexandru Elisei <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suzuki K Poulose <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christoffer Dall <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Fuad Tabba <[email-masked]>
Cc: Quentin Perret <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]>
Cc: David Brazdil <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

--->8

Will Deacon (4):
  KVM: arm64: Ignore 'kvm-arm.mode=protected' when using VHE
  KVM: arm64: Extend comment in has_vhe()
  KVM: arm64: Parse reserved-memory node for pkvm guest firmware region
  KVM: arm64: Introduce KVM_CAP_ARM_PROTECTED_VM

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |   1 -
 Documentation/virt/kvm/api.rst                |  69 ++++++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_host.h             |  10 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/virt.h                 |   3 +
 arch/arm64/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h             |   9 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpufeature.c                |  10 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile                       |   2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c                          |  24 +--
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c                          |   3 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/pkvm.c                         | 156 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                      |   1 +
 11 files changed, 267 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kvm/pkvm.c

-- 
2.32.0.rc0.204.g9fa02ecfa5-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel