Subject: [PATCH v3 4/4] arm64: dts: rockchip: Update PCI host bridge window to 32-bit address memory

From: Punit Agrawal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 20:28:56 +0900

The PCIe host bridge on RK3399 advertises a single 64-bit memory
address range even though it lies entirely below 4GB.

Previously the OF PCI range parser treated 64-bit ranges more
leniently (i.e., as 32-bit), but since commit 9d57e61bf723 ("of/pci:
Add IORESOURCE_MEM_64 to resource flags for 64-bit memory addresses")
the code takes a stricter view and treats the ranges as advertised in
the device tree (i.e, as 64-bit).

The change in behaviour causes failure when allocating bus addresses
to devices connected behind a PCI-to-PCI bridge that require
non-prefetchable memory ranges. The allocation failure was observed
for certain Samsung NVMe drives connected to RockPro64 boards.

Update the host bridge window attributes to treat it as 32-bit address
memory. This fixes the allocation failure observed since commit
9d57e61bf723.

Reported-by: Alexandru Elisei <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Suggested-by: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Punit Agrawal <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Alexandru Elisei <[email-masked]>
Cc: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi
index 634a91af8e83..4b854eb21f72 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi
+++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi
@@ -227,7 +227,7 @@ pcie0: pcie@f8000000 {
 		       <&pcie_phy 2>, <&pcie_phy 3>;
 		phy-names = "pcie-phy-0", "pcie-phy-1",
 			    "pcie-phy-2", "pcie-phy-3";
-		ranges = <0x83000000 0x0 0xfa000000 0x0 0xfa000000 0x0 0x1e00000>,
+		ranges = <0x82000000 0x0 0xfa000000 0x0 0xfa000000 0x0 0x1e00000>,
 			 <0x81000000 0x0 0xfbe00000 0x0 0xfbe00000 0x0 0x100000>;
 		resets = <&cru SRST_PCIE_CORE>, <&cru SRST_PCIE_MGMT>,
 			 <&cru SRST_PCIE_MGMT_STICKY>, <&cru SRST_PCIE_PIPE>,
-- 
2.30.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel