Subject: Re: [PATCH v14 2/8] arm64: Handle MTE tags zeroing in __alloc_zeroed_user_highpage()

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 18:07:14 +0100

On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 12:08:10PM +0100, Steven Price wrote:
> From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
> 
> Currently, on an anonymous page fault, the kernel allocates a zeroed
> page and maps it in user space. If the mapping is tagged (PROT_MTE),
> set_pte_at() additionally clears the tags under a spinlock to avoid a
> race on the page->flags. In order to optimise the lock, clear the page
> tags on allocation in __alloc_zeroed_user_highpage() if the vma flags
> have VM_MTE set.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Steven Price <[email-masked]>

I think you can drop this patch now that Peter's series has been queued
via the arm64 tree:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

-- 
Catalin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel