Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Use Exynos-MCT timer as wakeup for Arm arch timer

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:43:39 +0100

Hi all,

These two patches build on top of my other series for adding per-cpu
wakeup timers [1] which is currently queued in -tip [2].

The basic idea is to prefer the Arm architected timer, even when
CLOCK_EVT_FEAT_C3STOP is set, as long as we have another timer which can
be used for the per-cpu wakeup. These patches use Exynos-MCT as an
example, since that driver currently goes out of its way to prevent use
of the Arm architected timer due to issues with a 32-bit SoC.

Cheers,

Will

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git/log/?h=timers/core

Cc: Marek Szyprowski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Chanwoo Choi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]>

--->8

Will Deacon (2):
  clocksource/drivers/exynos_mct: Prioritise Arm arch timer on arm64
  clocksource/drivers/exynos_mct: Mark MCT device as
    CLOCK_EVT_FEAT_PERCPU

 drivers/clocksource/exynos_mct.c | 16 +++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0.rc1.229.g3e70b5a671-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel