Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] irqchip/gic-v3: Disable pseudo NMIs on Mediatek Chromebooks w/ bad FW

From: Douglas Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 13:13:49 -0700

As talked about in the bindings patch included in this series
("dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Add quirk for
Mediatek SoCs w/ broken FW"), many Mediatek-based Chromebooks shipped
with firmware that doesn't properly save/restore some GICR
registers. This causes the system to crash if "pseudo NMIs" are turned
on.

This series makes sure that we never allow turning on "pseudo NMIs" if
we are running with the problematic firmware.

The patches in this series can land in any order and can go through
entirely different trees. None of the patches are harmful on their
own, but to get things fixed we need all of them.

v2 fixes the quirk name and also moves the quirk out of the SoC.dtsi
file and into the Chromebook file. This, unfortunately, means that
mt8186-based Chromebooks are no longer handled since they don't appear
to be upstream yet. :(

Changes in v2:
- "when CPUs are powered" => "when the GIC redistributors are..."
- Changed "Fixes" tag.
- Moved from mt8183.dtsi to mt8183-kukui.dtsi
- Moved from mt8192.dtsi to mt8192-asurada.dtsi
- Moved from mt8195.dtsi to mt8195-cherry.dtsi
- mediatek,gicr-save-quirk => mediatek,broken-save-restore-fw

Douglas Anderson (5):
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Add quirk for Mediatek
    SoCs w/ broken FW
  irqchip/gic-v3: Disable pseudo NMIs on Mediatek devices w/ firmware
    issues
  arm64: dts: mediatek: mt8183: Add mediatek,broken-save-restore-fw to
    kukui
  arm64: dts: mediatek: mt8192: Add mediatek,broken-save-restore-fw to
    asurada
  arm64: dts: mediatek: mt8195: Add mediatek,broken-save-restore-fw to
    cherry

 .../interrupt-controller/arm,gic-v3.yaml      |  6 ++++++
 .../arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8183-kukui.dtsi |  4 ++++
 .../boot/dts/mediatek/mt8192-asurada.dtsi     |  4 ++++
 .../boot/dts/mediatek/mt8195-cherry.dtsi      |  4 ++++
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.c              |  8 ++++++--
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.h              |  1 +
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3.c                  | 20 +++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.1.606.ga4b1b128d6-goog

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel