Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/16] ARM: address -Wmissing-prototype warnings

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 12:56:38 -0700

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 05:45:49PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
> 
> This addresses all arm specific warnings outside of the mach-*/ code,
> which I've submitted separately. The majority of the patches should be
> straightforward, either adding an #include statement to get the right
> header, or ensuring that an unused global function is left out of the
> build when the prototype is hidden.
> 
> The ones that are a bit awkward are those that just add a prototype to
> shut up the warning, but the prototypes are never used for calling the
> function because the only caller is in assembler code. I tried to come
> up with other ways to shut up the compiler, and ideally this would be
> triggered by the 'asmlinkage' keyword as Ard suggested in the past, but
> I could not come up with a way to do this.
> 
> All of the warnings have to be addressed in some form before the
> warning can be enabled by default.

Thanks! These are all long overdue. For the series:

Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>

-- 
Kees Cook

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel