Subject: [PATCH 00/15] arm64: address -Wmissing-prototype warnings

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 18:06:27 +0200

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

This addresses all arm64 specific protype warnings. As with the arm32
patches, the majority of them  should be straightforward, either adding
an #include statement to get the right header, or ensuring that an unused
global function is left out of the build when the prototype is hidden.

The ones that are a bit awkward are those that just add a prototype to
shut up the warning, but the prototypes are never used for calling the
function because the only caller is in assembler code. I tried to come
up with other ways to shut up the compiler, and ideally this would be
triggered by the 'asmlinkage' keyword as Ard suggested in the past, but
I could not come up with a way to do this.

All of the warnings have to be addressed in some form before the
warning can be enabled by default.

    Arnd

Link: https://people.kernel.org/arnd/missing-prototype-warnings-in-the-kernel

Arnd Bergmann (15):
  arm64: xor-neon: mark xor_arm64_neon_*() static
  arm64: add scs_patch_vmlinux prototype
  arm64: avoid prototype warnings for syscalls
  arm64: move cpu_suspend_set_dbg_restorer() prototype to header
  arm64: spectre: provide prototypes for internal functions
  arm64: kvm: add prototypes for functions called in asm
  arm64: cpuidle: fix #ifdef for acpi functions
  arm64: efi: add efi_handle_corrupted_x18 prototype
  arm64: hide unused is_valid_bugaddr()
  arm64: module-plts: inline linux/moduleloader.h
  arm64: flush: include linux/libnvdimm.h
  arm64: kaslr: add kaslr_early_init() declaration
  arm64: signal: include asm/exception.h
  arm64: move early_brk64 prototype to header
  arm64: add alt_cb_patch_nops prototype

 arch/arm64/include/asm/alternative.h     |  3 +++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/archrandom.h      |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/compat.h          |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/efi.h             |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h   |  8 ++++++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_asm.h         | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/scs.h             |  1 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/spectre.h         | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/syscall_wrapper.h |  4 ++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/traps.h           |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpuidle.c              |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c        |  8 --------
 arch/arm64/kernel/module-plts.c          |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/signal.c               |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/traps.c                |  3 ++-
 arch/arm64/lib/xor-neon.c                |  8 ++++----
 arch/arm64/mm/fault.c                    |  3 ---
 arch/arm64/mm/flush.c                    |  1 +
 18 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2

Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Oliver Upton <[email-masked]>
Cc: James Morse <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suzuki K Poulose <[email-masked]>
Cc: Zenghui Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Cc: Anshuman Khandual <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suren Baghdasaryan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel