Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 21/28] net: wan: Add framer framework support

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:52:34 -0700

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 05:19:22 +0000 Christophe Leroy wrote:
> As I said in the cover letter, this series only fixes critical build 
> failures that happened when CONFIG_MODULES is set. The purpose was to 
> allow robots to perform their job up to the end. Other feedback and 
> comments will be taken into account by Hervé when he is back from holidays.

I missed this too, FTR this is unacceptable.

Quoting documentation:

  **Do not** post your patches just to run them through the checks.
  You must ensure that your patches are ready by testing them locally
  before posting to the mailing list. The patchwork build bot instance
  gets overloaded very easily and netdev@vger really doesn't need more
  traffic if we can help it.
  
See: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/next/process/maintainer-netdev.html#patchwork-checks

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel