Subject: Re:Re: [PATCH] drm/rockchip: include rockchip_drm_drv.h

From: Min-Hua Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 21:12:37 +0800

>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc7180-trogdor-lazor-r3-kb.dtb
>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-edgeble-neu6a-wifi.dtbo
>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc7180-trogdor-lazor-r3-lte.dtb
>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-edgeble-neu6b-io.dtb
>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-evb1-v10.dtb
>>  DTC     arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc7180-trogdor-lazor-r9.dtb
>>../init/main.c:192:12: sparse: warning: symbol 'envp_init' was not declared. Should it be static?
>>../init/main.c:290:16: sparse: warning: cast to restricted __le32
>>../init/main.c:291:16: sparse: warning: cast to restricted __le32
>>  CHECK   ../init/do_mounts.c
>
>>
>
>
>I can see same warnings， a lots of。
>And also see the warning in vop2：
>drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/rockchip_vop2_reg.c:502:24: sparse: warning: symbol 'vop2_platform_driver' was not declared. Should it be static?
>
>
>Min Hua，If you are agree，I will split it from my patch， and add a Fix tag ，and also add a SoB of you， Then resend in My V3 series，this
>will make my patch series easier。

It looks good to me. Thank you and Diederik for commenting.

cheers,
Min-Hua

> >And several followed, including in c-code files. So I stopped the build
>>and assume you've identified a or several actual issues.
>>
>>I've seen several commits where changes were made because LLVM flagged
>>potentially problematic code, where GCC did not, so it's quite possible
>>you're on to something here.
>>
>>But it would be helpful if the commit message said what code was
>>potentially problematic and why. And then the proper fix for that could
>>indeed be to include `rockchip_drm_drv.h`.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>  Diederik