Subject: Re: [net-next,v2,06/22] net: stmmac: rk: add SoC specific ->init() method

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2026 10:38:25 -0800

On Tue, 27 Jan 2026 16:42:05 +0000 Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> If I'm going to have to split it up just for the sake of reducing the
> cost of AI review,

Incorrect, as previously stated do not worry about the cost.
I was citing the cost as the reason we can't give people open 
access to the AI bot.

> can I ask for a moritorium on other development changes to dwmac-rk
> until this is merged?

Seems reasonable, as long as you're posting and making active progress
we can prioritize merging this work.

> As I see it, this is required _because_ of the introduction of AI
> review, not because something has actually changed.

Can't argue with how you feel.

> You have said in the past to me that the 15 patch limit is only
> advisory and can be exceeded where it makes sense to, and for this
> series, it does make sense.

Advisory is too weak. Unless there's a strong reason not to break up
the series it should be under 15 patches.

This conversation doesn't feel very productive. Let me just apply
patches 1-4 and move on :|